Monsters Under The Bed
1 Sophia Road, Peace Centre #03-31,
- 6100 4363
- Courses Offered
- Age Range
- 7 Years Old-16 Years Old
Monsters Under the Bed is a creative writing school that focuses on training students to achieve higher literary proficiency and creative writing skills.
Story Craft Level 1 (ages 7 – 8)
Story Craft Level 1 is a foundational course for students in Primary 1 – 2, and focuses on mimetic reading, narrative structure, and dialogue. The course also introduce students to using emotions and concepts as themes to drive a plot.
- Students will demonstrate accuracy in language and be able to create a more substantial body of prose
- Students will demonstrate effective use of vocabulary
- Students will have increased general knowledge for the purpose of incorporating wider themes and characters(they know how to write about more things ie. Reading assignments for homework)
Story Craft Level 2 (ages 9 – 10)
Story Craft Level 2 is a writing course for students in Primary 3 and 4, which focuses on detailed language use, accuracy, and the elements of effective story writing.
- Participants are equipped with effective language skills for creative writing.
- Participants are able to precisely describe external and internal qualities of various characters.
- Participants understand how to use setting to effectively facilitate plot or create story settings.
Story Craft Level 3 (ages 10 – 12)
SC 3 is our intermediary program, designed to give talented writers that extra push. Taught by industry relevant writers , and vetted by experienced teachers, SC 3 is the ideal platform for the 10 – 12 age group.
- Able to exercise storytelling techniques used in popular texts
- Able to produce stories with complex plots and characters
- Able to write with accessible prose styles and depth